Q. Why should I demo Scoot Boots?
A. The demo option is great if you’re pretty certain what size your horse needs BUT you want to find out exactly how Scoot Boots will work for you and your horse before committing to purchasing them. Some boots work great for certain horses but not others and often the only way to tell whether a pair will work is to actually ride in them. So put Scoot Boots to the test and see if they are right for you and your horse!
Q. How much does it cost to try a demo pair of Scoot Boots?
A. The demo fee is $10. In addition to the non-refundable $20 demo fee, your card will be charged a security deposit of the cost of a new pair of boots ($179) that will be refunded once we receive the returned demo boots, less any additional fees incurred (additional fees are assessed if boots are not returned on time, are returned dirty or damaged, or if any accessories are missing).
Q. How long can I use the demo boots?
A. You will have 14 days to use the demo boots. If boots are not postmarked returned within 14 days of when the demo period begins (the day that USPS tracking indicates the package was delivered), a $10 per week extended use fee will be deducted from deposit.
Q. Are there any rules about how much I use the demo boots?
A. We want you to put the demo boots to the test on the terrain that you ride on so we expect reasonable wear and tear on the demo boots. However, we reserve the right to not accept boots that are broken or show signs of extreme wear (i.e. please don’t take them on a 50-mile endurance race).
Also, note that we recommend not putting more than 20 miles on them over the demo period and increasing the length of use slowly because just like when people break in new shoes, horses need time to adjust to them or rubs become more likely. Also, be sure to follow the Tips for Successful Scooting included with your demo.
Q. How will I know if the boots are right for me and my horse?
A. You are the best judge of this, but here are some guidelines for evaluating how well the demo boots work for you and your horse:
- Do they stay on across the terrain I ride on?
- Do they seem to fit more horse’s hoof shape well?
- Once used to having the boots on, does my horse move freely through all the gaits?
- Does my horse seem comfortable in them (i.e. no bad rubbing)?
- Are they easy enough to put on and take off?
- Do they seem durable enough?
- Are they easy enough to keep clean?
If you answer “no” to any of the above, Scoot Boots may still work well for you but you may need to make a few minor adjustments. Please contact us and we’d be happy to trouble shoot with you! Also, check out the general FAQ to see if your concern is addressed there.
Q. What if the demos boots aren't the right size?
A. Just let us know let us know right away if your demo boots aren't the right size and you can exchange them for another size at no additional cost.
Q. Are the demo boots sanitary?
A. We do our best to send you clean demo boots. However, we are not responsible for any contamination so if you are concerned about this, please clean them before using them on your horse.
Q. What additional fees could be subtracted from my security deposit?
A. Boots must be returned:
- On time: If boots are not postmarked returned within 14 days of when the demo period begins (the day that USPS tracking indicates the package was delivered), a $10 per week extended use fee will be deducted from deposit.
- Clean: A $5 cleaning fee will be deducted from deposit if boots are returned dirty.
- In good working order: Reasonable wear is to be expected but we reserve the right to not accept boots that are broken or show signs of extreme wear.
- With complete accessories packet: The cost of any missing accessories will be deducted from deposit.
Q. What is the process to return the demo boots?
A. We highly recommended using a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope for your convenience and security (please send us the tracking number for refund verification purposes). Note that you are responsible for the return shipping. Be sure to clean your demo boots and return them with all the accessories that were included when you received them.
Q. Can I keep the pair of demo boots I received?
A. Sure! Contact us and we’ll give you a quote for the demo boots you received, pro-rated based on their amount of prior wear. If you decide to keep them, the difference between the deposit and the pro-rated price will be refunded to you.