Pretty certain about your horse’s size but want to try out Scoot Boots before committing to buying them? Get a demo pair for a 14-day trial! Some boots work great for certain horses but not others and often the only way to tell whether a pair will work is to actually ride in them. So put Scoot Boots to the test and see if they are right for you and your horse! Demos come with all of the same accessories that are included with a purchase of new boots.
Scoot Boots are the latest innovation in hoof boot technology and are superior and unique to any other horse boot on the market. Get a Scoot Boot demo to see for yourself!
- Easy on easy off
- Will not get soggy, heavy or wet when riding through muddy and wet terrain
- Excellent traction
- No cables or Velcro
- Lightweight — less than 9 ounces
- Great ventilation and breathability for hot climate riding
- Excellent drainage
- Easy to clean
- Will fit hooves securely throughout a trimming cycle
- No adjustment is required as the boot is secured by parts of the hoof that do not grow
Slims vs. Regular. Scoot Slims function exactly like regular Scoot boots except they are more suited to narrower/oval hooves (more typical in back hooves). The length of the Slims is the same as regular Scoots in the same size but Slims are 10mm (3/8") narrower. Slims are currently available in sizes 0 - 6.
If your horse's hooves are at all wider than they are long, go with Regulars. If your horse's hooves are at all longer than they are wide, go with Slims. If your horse's hooves are perfectly round and exactly the same length and width, then either may work and the Slims will serve as a half size between the Regulars.
Demo terms and conditions:
- Charges. Your card will be charged for the demo fee of $10 and a security deposit of the cost of a new pair of boots ($185) to be refunded upon receipt of the returned demo boots, less any additional fees incurred (described below).
- Boot Use. Try out the boots! Put them to the test on the terrain you ride on. Please carefully follow our Tips for Successful Scooting (note that we are not responsible for lost boots, so test them wisely!). We recommend not putting more than 20 miles on the boots over the demo period and increasing the length of use slowly: just like we need to break in new shoes, horses need time to adjust to them else rubs become more likely.
- Size exchanges. If the demo boots you received aren’t the right size, let us know right away and you can exchange them for another size at no additional cost.
- Return shipping. Customer is responsible for return shipping (see Instructions for Returns).
- Terms and Potential Additional Fees. Boots must be returned:
- On time: If boots are not postmarked returned within 14 days of when the demo period begins (the day that USPS tracking indicates the package was delivered), a $10 per week extended use fee will be deducted from the deposit.
- Clean: a $5 cleaning fee will be deducted from deposit if boots are returned dirty.
- In good working order: reasonable wear is to be expected but we reserve the right to not accept boots that are damaged or show signs of excessive wear.
- With complete accessories packet: The cost of any missing accessories will be deducted from the deposit.
- Sanitation Disclaimer. We will do our best to send you clean demo boots. However, we are not responsible for any contamination so if you are concerned about this, please clean them before using them on your horse (but be sure to avoid harsh chemicals as they can damage the boot material).
- Interested in keeping your demo boots? Contact us and we’ll give you a quote for the demo boots you received, pro-rated based on their amount of prior wear. If you decide to keep them, the difference between the deposit and the pro-rated price will be refunded to you.
Included with each pair of demo Scoot Boot Slims:
- 3 black pastern straps
- 2 spare black front closure straps
- 4 spare rivets and screws
- 4 spare knob hooks and screws
- A pair of Trail Gaiters
- 4 Pastern Strap Locks
Colored pastern and front straps sold separately (see Accessories). Demos are sold in pairs so an order quantity of "1" will include two boots.
Note: Please enter your horse's measurements in the space below or attach measurement photos so that we can verify that the size selected is the best option for your horse (click here for instructions on measuring/taking photos). If you've received sizing advice or have selected this size based on trying on boots/shells, just indicate that in the space for measurements. Thank you for providing this information - it will help us continue to offer free shipping on Scoot Boots.